Monday, August 2, 2010

Ludington, MI Rest Day - Day 43



Sunday, 8/1, is a rest day in Ludington. We have traveled just over 3000 miles in 37 days of riding. Six weeks are done and 3 more to go.  It has been a tremendous adventure and I am looking forward to the final 3 weeks.  Ludington, situated on Lake Michigan, is a summer resort town.  It is filled with grand old houses throughout the city which have been turned into Bed and Breakfast accommodations.  It also is the base for a Coast Guard Station and, with its connection to the lake, recognizes the contributions of seafaring men and women in its parks with sculptures and historical plaques.  One picture is a memorial to the men and women who have lost their lives working on the waters.  Today Tom returned arriving at the school in the late afternoon.  Since I had had several flats, I replaced the worn rear tire on my bike under Bob's watchful eye while resting back at camp.  I am slowly learning more and more about the care and feeding of my bike.  Our group had dinner downtown at the Old Hamblin Restaurant where Greg welcomed our new members at the Sunday orientation meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment