Sunday, June 27, 2010

Missoula, MT Rest Day - Day 8


























With a total distance for the week of 610 miles over 7 consecutive days of riding, 4 of those days near or more than 100 miles, and 2 major passes plus other significant climbs, the week was gruelling.  We quickly realized that we were in bicycle boot camp.  I had doubts about my body and backside being able to take the pounding.  But it has and I am relieved, elated and ready to tackle another week.  The rest day was a welcome break.  Tom and I spent it with my friends Craig and Barb Burns at their cabin (pictured above) on a lake near Seeley, MT which is tucked between the Mission Mountains and the Swan Range.  Ingrid and another good friend Jim flew in to share the day with us.  We RESTED, visited together, RESTED, walked a bit, RESTED and had a super salmon dinner.  We returned to the dorm in Missoula on Sunday evening to prepare for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment