Monday, August 9, 2010

Albion, NY - Day 51

Stats: We rode 75 miles under overcast skies with temperatures in the low 80's.  I had the good luck of finding an ice cream stand directly across from our camp site at Albion High School where of course I stopped.  We arrived at the campsite just before the rains hit.  Fortunately we had just enough time to set up our tents and shower.  For a while before dinner I sat in my tent blogging as the rain splattered on and about me, anticipating a wet walk to dinner at the adjacent school cafeteria.  Our tents do a good job of keeping us and our gear dry.  Unfortunately at dinner we learned that two of our riders collided on the road today resulting in a broken collarbone and multiple scrapes and abrasions.  One had to quit the ride while the other is able to continue.  We are being very careful with our riding as we get closer to the end.  After a second walk for ice cream after dinner, we were done for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment