Friday, August 6, 2010

Port Dover, ON - Day 48

Stats: We rode 97 miles under cloudy skies with temperatures in the mid 70's which became quite hot and humid near the end.  I got caught by a brief rain shower in the afternoon riding on my own.  I ducked into a barn for cover where I met the owner who was a peach grower and tobacco farmer.  Before going to camp, Bob and I explored the Port Dover waterfront.  The statue at the lighthouse pier is dedicated to the men and women seafarers who have lost their lives at sea.  We also tasted a bison burger and fries at Mr. B's on the waterfront  ( no relations in St. Martin) to tide us over to dinner.  Camp is at the Port Dover Composite School and dinner is being served at the Grace United Church several blocks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment