Thursday, August 5, 2010

West Lorne, ON - Day 47

Stats: We rode 77 miles today under sunny skies with temperatures in the hi 70's and a nice tailwind.  This area of Ontario is flat and easy to ride.  We are now camped about 6 miles (I should say 10 kilometers now that we are in Canada) north of Lake Erie at West Lorne Secondary School.  I went downtown in search of a barber which I never found.  However while downtown, Bob and I stopped at the Donut Delite Cafe as a brief and windy storm dumped rain.  While riding out the storm in the cafe we had a lengthy conversation with an elderly resident about the area.  Our tents survived the winds back at the school where dinner is tonight.  Our fond memory of this camp will be the cows next door that mooed wailfully all night.  Janet in the picture with me is Canadian and excited about spending some time riding in Canada.  The sailboat went by as we waited for the ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment