Monday, August 16, 2010

Burlington, VT - Day 58


Stats: We rode 42 miles today and ferried across Lake Champlain to Burlington from Port Kent.  Once the ferry docked at Burlington, we completed the final 1 mile ride to Tupper Hall at the University of Vermont, our accommodation for the evening.  This is our first dorm accommodations since the University of Montana in Missoula and it is nice not to have to set up the tent.  Since we arrived relatively early, I had time to walk downtown and get a haircut which I have been trying to do for 10 days.  I also explored the Burlington Mall, a closed off street full of outdoor cafes and shops.  Of course I ended up having a few beers with Dan (ON) on the mall before returning for dinner.  Dinner was at the UV dining facility.  Boy, these college kids today eat a whole lot different than I did in the South Dining Hall at Notre Dame in 1969.  It is a warm night in the dorm room as we bed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment