Thursday, July 22, 2010

Montevideo, MN - Day 33

Stats: We rode 84 miles on flat terrain under overcast skies with an hour of drizzle in the am and turning partly cloudy in the pm.  The temperature was in the high 70's.  Today we left SD and moved into Minnesota.  There was no welcoming sign so we made our own.  Five states done and 8 more plus 1 province to go.  With our faster rides ending at 1 to 2 in the pm due to the flat terrain, we are now on a 4 meals a day routine.  With dinner not until 5:30 we are stopping in town for milk shakes or beers and a sandwich when first arriving.  At least eating whatever I want is the reward for peddling 6-8 hours per day.   Today Bill and I had a meal at Victorio's Italian Restaurant in downtown Montevideo before the final climb to the campsite at the Montevideo Middle School where dinner was served.  I can always count on Bill to join me when I need that 4th meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment