Sunday, July 25, 2010

Northfield, MN Rest Day - Day 36



After the campus visits, I walked the downtown.  The Canon River flows through downtown with a delightful park on one side and storefronts all along.  I spent several hours finishing my book on a park bench as the river flowed by.  While exploring the river walk, I chatted for 15 minutes with Jim, resident and local insurance agent, who was cleaning in front of his store.  He gave me a history of the area.  Then I enjoyed a big burger and fries for lunch at the Rueb 'n' Stein Pub as I watched a stage of the Tour de France.   Bob, another riding friend from home who has signed up for two weeks, arrived today.  Now we are back to two since Tom will not return until next week.  Our group kick-off dinner for this week was at the Archer House ( in the picture above) which is the historic old hotel in Northfield.  After a delicious East Indian dinner, we received our custom made coast-to-coast bicycle jerseys which about 20 of us ordered several weeks ago.  Now I am off to bed in anticipation of another week of riding and exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment