Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pierre, SD Rest Day - Day 29



Today on our rest day in Pierre, I walked the 3 miles into town and had breakfast at the Country Kitchen Restaurant with Dan (WI).  After a brief walk along the Missouri River bank, we headed to the South Dakota State Capitol Building.  Pierre claims to be the smallest state capitol in the US.  The Capitol Building is a beautiful building inside and out with patriotic floral arrangements front and back.  It also has a peaceful lake next door with memorials to our servicemen.  After a few hours of reading my book by the lake, I headed back to the school for dinner and preparation for our next week's ride.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Sandy, I"ve been following your journey. You certainly are seeing America. I think the upper Midwest will be boring after what you've seen.

    ReplyDelete